Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I Am....

Mark this on your calendars. This may be my shortest blog to date. Possibly the shortest to come.  I couldn't really say "short and sweet", 'cause, well....the Lord has me in Ezekiel! Go figure. Can't say I've found my way around it with ease or that I understand every passage, but I'm certainly enjoying the journey through it. What can I say? "I Am".....well, He is what He says He is.

Ezekiel 20:4-10
Will you judge them, son of man, will you judge them? Let them know the abominations of their fathers, and say to them, Thus says the Lord God: On the day when I chose Israel, I swore to the offspring of the house of Jacob, making myself known to them in the land of Egypt; I swore to them, saying, I am the Lord your God. On that day I swore to them that I would bring them out of the land of Egypt into a land that I had searched out for them, a land flowing with milk and honey, the most glorious of all lands. And I said to them, "Cast away the detestable things your eyes feast on, every one of you, and do not defile yourselves with the idols of Egypt; I am the Lord your God. But they rebelled against me and were not willing to listen to me. None of them cast away the detestable things their eyes feasted on, nor did they forsake the idols of Egypt. Then I said I would pour out my wrath upon them and spend my anger against them in the midst of the land of Egypt. But I acted for the sake of my name, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the nations among whom they lived, in whose sight I made myself known to them in bringing them out of the land of Egypt. So I led them out of the land of Egypt and brought them into the wilderness."


It sounds to me like He was pleading with them to open their eyes. Like He was saying "I AM the Lord your God....I AM the one who is calling you to worship....I put that desire in you, I AM what is longing to fill that void in you, I AM "the thing" that you can't put your finger on that's missing. I AM the thing that will work for you this time.... every time. I AM, If only you would trust Me."

And that's where He loses most of us. Trust. We don't trust that our obedience to Him in that situation could possibly bring us any good. So, we'll cling to our idols that make us feel good...for now. We'll hang on to that person for dear life , we'll keep chasing that dollar to build that dream house, we'll hover over our children....even in our thoughts, we'll bend over backwards for that promotion, we'll keep a death grip on our rights. "I AM?" I'll deal with Him later, maybe. Right now I am trying to figure out how to carry all this stuff while I find my own way.....out of this wilderness.

Anybody but me ever found themselves walking a thousand miles and going nowhere, trying to find their way? Here's a shortcut: It may very well seem like the alternate, much less traveled route, but....The I Am is actually THE way.
(Can't you just hear your internal GPS voice saying, "recalculating"?)

He'll tell you which direction. He usually will give you the speed at which to move, too. All you have to do is determine to follow directions. Here's another tip and take my word for it..... immediate response is best. Otherwise, you may miss an important turn and become very disoriented. And, please, take only what He has told you to take and let go of what He says to let go of.....you'll get there so much faster. That's the first leg of the journey in the life He wants to give us.

I've always loved a road trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment